Welcome to the Sterling Public Library. Our library is a beautifully maintained Carnegie library, which opened its doors on Nov. 22, 1905. Inside, however, the library is a fully equipped, modern learning facility. Our resources reach well beyond Library Square. We have:
- 60,000 volumes
- Subscriptions to more than 50 periodicals
- Several computers for public use and printing or scanning
- An online catalog
- An interlibrary loan program that connects you to public and school libraries throughout the region
- Several 'hands-on' items available for checkout or in house use
The Sterling Public Library is a member of the Rock River Libraries Consortium which consists of several local libraries that share a catalog. These include: Dixon Public, Rock Falls Public, Milledgeville Public, and several school libraries in Sterling, Dixon, Rock Falls and Amboy.
The Sterling Public Library is a department of the City of Sterling.
- Monday - Tuesday: 9 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Wednesday - Friday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday: 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Sunday: Closed
Sterling Public Library
102 West Third Street
Sterling, Illinois 61081