Welcome to the Sterling Public Library. Our library is a beautifully maintained Carnegie library, which opened its doors on Nov. 22, 1905. Inside, however, the library is a fully equipped, modern learning facility. Our resources reach well beyond Library Square. We have:
- 60,000 volumes
- Subscriptions to more than 100 periodicals
- Eight computers for public use
- An online catalog
- An interlibrary loan program that connects you to public and school libraries throughout the region
The Sterling Public Library is a department of the City of Sterling.
- Monday - Tuesday: 9 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Wednesday - Friday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday: 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Sunday: Closed
Sterling Public Library
102 West Third Street
Sterling, Illinois 61081